State-Wide information and Ballot Drop Off Locations
Register to Vote
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must be 18 by Election Day
- A North Carolina resident for at least 30 days
- If convicted of a felony, you must have your rights of citizenship restored and completed your sentence, probation, and post release supervision
- Not be registered to vote in another state
- Registering to vote online or by mail must be done by October 9th for the November 3rd election.
- Registering to vote in person must be done by October 31st for the November 3rd election.
Mail-In Voting Information
- A voter must request a mail-in ballot, one will not automatically be sent.
- A registered voter may request a mail-in ballot; no reason is required.
- The last day to request a mail-in ballot is October 27th, 2020 at 5pm
- WITNESS REQUIRED: Anyone over the age of 18 may act as a witness.
Early Voting Information
- October 15th, 2020 is the beginning of early voting in North Carolina and will last through October 31st. Check Board of Election websites for early voting locations and times.
North Carolina Ballot Drop Off Locations by County
See something out of place?
Let us know if you see incorrect information, or if something doesn't look quite right. We're always working to refine BallotBox.Info and we rely on the feedback to make that happen.